Join us in supporting Mary’s Place at the dream BIG virtual luncheon on Wednesday, May 5, 2021!
The impact of COVID-19 has changed us all. The pandemic is taking a toll on jobs, wages, childcare, and families ability to pay rent. When the eviction moratorium ends, thousands of struggling families will face homelessness. Whether in shelter, a car, a tent, or home, the priority at Mary’s Place is to help families find housing as quickly as possible, and to stay housed through these challenging economic times.
Thanks to Amazon, your donation will be matched up to a total of one million dollars, and gifts of $500 or more will be matched 2:1, TRIPLING your impact!
Our lead Realtor, Johnine Larsen, is hosting a “virtual” table at the dream BIG luncheon, and we would love for you to join her starting at 11:30 a.m. on May 5. The luncheon will take place on an interactive platform that will let us see and talk to each other before and after the program, similar to an in-person event. It will be like having lunch together! The program will also be live-streamed on Facebook starting at noon if you prefer to just watch. Please click here to register for either option.
If you can’t join us on May 5, I hope you’ll consider making a donation now to help us meet the match. Together, we can help Mary’s Place continue to bring women, children, and families inside to warmth, safety, and hope!
Here’s what your donation will do:
- $100 becomes $200, bringing two medically fragile children and their families inside to safe shelter with coordination of hospitals, social workers, and our healthcare team.
- $250 becomes $500, ensuring the best possible start for a newborn and mom, providing them with care and coordination from our health services team, a Pack n’ Play, car seat, stroller, and other essential items.
- $500 becomes $1,500, enabling 43 children to be inside safe, warm, shelter tonight.
- $1,000 becomes $3,000, providing our guests with nearly 10,000 healthy, nutritious, and culturally appropriate meals each week.
- $2,500 becomes $7,500, helping three families in housing to pay outstanding rent and utilities so they do not fall back into homelessness.
- $5,000 becomes $15,000, providing the staffing and resources in Kids Club to support our children in shelter with remote learning for one month.
- $10,000 becomes $30,000, enabling 15 families to move directly from cars and tents into permanent housing.