Can you guess Johnine’s favorite dog park? Here are some hints:
- 80+ acres of trails and open space
- 4 acres(!) for off-leash dogs
- ½-mile off-leash trail through a beautiful forest
- 1 extra off-leash area for small/shy dogs
Guessed it yet? Need more hints?
- View platform offering breathtaking views of Puget Sound and the Seattle skyline
- Located in West Seattle, less than 3 miles east from the Fauntleroy ferry terminal
The answer: Westcrest Park
The dog park here is absolutely huge. And on top of that, it’s beautiful. The off-leash wonderland is a full-blown meadow, perfect for getting out all your dog’s energy.
You can play fetch in the sprawling grassy areas, or let your dog explore along the off-leash trail, or relax on a bench and just enjoy the scenery. There’s something for every dog here—bold or timid, large or small.
And at Westcrest Park, you never feel crowded. Even on days when dozens of people and pets come out to play, Westcrest is big enough for everyone. You’ll usually find a few pet-less people here, too, jogging through the trails or clambering over the playground, but first and foremost, it’s a park for dogs.
Westcrest Park gets Johnine’s stamp of approval!